- Reading 1: The Proverbs 30:5-9, Responsorial Psalm: Psalms 119:29, Responsorial Psalm: Psalms 119:101, Responsorial Psalm: Psalms 119:72, Responsorial Psalm: Psalms 119:104, Responsorial Psalm: Psalms 119:89, Responsorial Psalm: Psalms 119:163, Gospel: Luke 9:1-6
- St. Padre Pio was an Italian priest who was known for his piety and charity, as well as the gift of the stigmata, which has never been explained. St. Padre Pio was born Francesco Forgione, on May 25, 1887, in Pietrelcina, Italy. His parents were peasant farmers. He had an older brother and three younger sisters, as well as two other siblings who died in infancy. As a child, he was very religious and by the age of five he […]
Saint of The Day
Prayer Of The Day
- Father, for the strength you have given me I thank you. For the health you have blessed me with, I thank you. For the women who are going through breast cancer and their families I ask you to strengthen and to heal as you see fit. Lord we know you want us to be in good health and to prosper. Lord use us to do the work you have for us to do. For we know time is getting short […]
Latest Vatican News
- Italians voted by a wide margin in a referendum to slash the size of the country’s parliament by more than a third. The referendum was held alongside several key regional elections taking the pulse of political sentiment in times of Covid-19.
- Kailash Satyarthi, India’s leading crusader against child slavery and child trafficking, fears that progress made against the scourges could roll back because of the Covid-19 pandemic.
- The US Government is posting a five million dollars reward for information leading to the capture of a National Liberation Army Leader, which is still fighting an insurgency against the Colombian Government, after more than fifty years.
- Alison Davis lived the ideals proposed in “Samaritanus bonus,” the Letter released by the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith on the Catholic perspective for end of life issues and care.
- In an interview with Vatican News, the Prefect of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith says the letter “Samaritanus bonus” offers an integral approach to the human person, to suffering and illness, to caring for those in critical and terminal illnesses.
- At a virtual high-level meeting on September 21 to commemorate the 75th anniversary of the world body, Vatican Secretary of State, Cardinal Pietro Parolin reiterated the Holy See’s support for the United Nations.
News from KCCB
RSS Error: A feed could not be found at `http://www.kccb.or.ke/home/feed/`. This does not appear to be a valid RSS or Atom feed.