- Reading 1: Hebrews 4:12-16, Responsorial Psalm: Psalms 19:8-10, Responsorial Psalm: Psalms 19:15, Gospel: Mark 2:13-17
- Irish monastic founder, the brother of Sts. Foillan and Ulan, praised by St. Bede. Fursey was born on the island of Inisguia en Lough Carri, IreÂland, as a noble. He founded Rathmat Abbey, now probably Killursa. In 630 Fursey and his friends went to East Anglia, England, where he founded a monastery near Ugremouth on land donated by King Sigebert. In his later years, Fursey went to France to build a monastery at Lagny, near Paris, France. He was buried […]
Saint of The Day
Prayer Of The Day
- O God, send forth your Holy Spirit into my heart that I may perceive, into my mind that I may remember, and into my soul that I may meditate. Inspire me to speak with piety, holiness, tenderness and mercy. Teach, guide and direct my thoughts and senses from beginning to end. May your grace ever help and correct me, and may I be strengthened now with wisdom from on high, for the sake of your infinite mercy. Amen. Saint Anthony […]
Latest Vatican News
- United Nations agencies and Caritas Bangladesh have swung into action to help Rohingya refugees who lost their homes and everything they owned in a 14 January fire in their camp in Nayapara.
- Catholic institutions report a worrying rise in Covid-19 cases in the Amazon Basin, as Brazilian hospitals buckle under pressure amid the discovery of new coronavirus variants.
- A new report by the UN Environment Programme UNEP, published on Thursday, urges nations to step up their commitment to climate action in the face of rising temperatures and natural disasters.
- The 2021 Week of Prayer for Christian Unity is celebrated from 18 to 25 January. During this period, Christians are invited to pray for reconciliation and unity within the Church.
- A powerful earthquake struck the Indonesian island of Sulawesi just after midnight Friday, damaging homes and buildings, triggering landslides and killing at least 34 people.
- CELAM’s President says universal access to the COVID-19 vaccine should be a priority in Latin America in 2021.
News from KCCB
RSS Error: A feed could not be found at `http://www.kccb.or.ke/home/feed/`. This does not appear to be a valid RSS or Atom feed.